Gina Mateer is a registered dietitian, licensed dietitian in the state of Texas, and is recognized as a certified eating disorder registered dietitian. Gina studied nutritional sciences at the University of Texas and graduated from their Coordinated Program in Dietetics. After completing the required internship hours and passing the registered dietitian exam in 2010, she began working at an intensive outpatient program treating eating disorders and providing individual nutrition therapy. She since had the honor to work at the renowned Eating Recovery Center of Austin at the partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient levels of care. Bringing this experience & passion for helping others into private practice, Gina specializes in working with those who want to heal their relationship with food. Approach: Gina believes in Health at Every Size, uses a non-diet approach and incorporates intuitive eating into her nutrition therapy. In addition to nutrition training, Gina has been trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy and trauma informed care which allows her to work with clients experiencing co-occurring conditions in an educated and compassionate way. Gina also loves yoga and has recently completed her RYT 200 and plans to bring this work into her practice.
- Registered Dietitian from the National Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian from the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- RYT 200 from the Yoga Alliance
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Board member of the Central Texas Eating Disorder Specialists
- Graduated from The University of Texas Coordinated Program in Dietetics - Bachelor's of Science in Nutrition with Highest Honors